This just in:
- Strange as This Weather Has Been noted in Huffington Post's 24 Books That Will Help You Understand America
- And in Lithub's 100 Books Across America
- Great reception of Letter to West Virginia. Read it here.
- Ann received the Distinguished Writer-in-Residence position at University of Hawaii, Manoa for the Spring 2017 semester.
- "Me and My Daddy Listen to Bob Marley" was a finalist for the Washington State Book Award this year.
- “Me and My Daddy Listen to Bob Marley” will appear in the new anthology of West Virginia writers, Eyes Glowing at the Edge of the Woods, edited by Laura Long and Doug Van Gundy, published by WVU Press.
The new short story collection*
In Me and My Daddy Listen to Bob Marley, a collection of eleven astonishing novellas and short stories, characters intensely connected to their land—sometimes through love, sometimes through hate—experience brokenness and loss, redemption and revelation, often through their relationships to places under siege.
"Do you see the ecstatic mix of beautiful tumbling words, of West Virginia dialect interjected into the narration, of imitation of the sounds of fire within the syllables of the words used to describe the fire? This is Pancake at her brawniest, not using language to tell a story, but allowing the language to become the story. " The Stranger; see full review
"Pancake’s bravura tales carry the pulse of a betrayed yet beautiful place of loyalty and resilience." Booklist; see full review
*Did you know you can order books through your local indie bookstore and then pick them up there, or even have them shipped in most cases? You can!
* More about the collection